Pool Party Rules 2018
Note: Pool Party Request Forms are available at the pool during open hours
Members may schedule pool parties during the specific pool operating hours listed below. Members must fill out the request form at least 10 days before the planned event so that the pool doesn’t have multiple parties at one time, and appropriate guard coverage can be arranged. In the past we have had some issues with unscheduled parties, including parties of mostly Willows residents, resulting in more than one party at one time and inadequate guard coverage. Although Willows residents can come to the pool at any time, a party creates a lot of people at the same time. The pool is staffed based on averages. Party counts must always include invited Willows residents. Everyone’s cooperation is necessary to pre-schedule pool parties, including any arranged gathering of a large group of people (even if it is mostly Willows residents) with the pool manager in order to keep our pool an enjoyable and safe facility. And, please remember, if it looks like a party . . . it is a party – guard’s discretion.
- Parties may only be scheduled during the following hours:
Saturday/Sunday* 10:00 am – 12:00 noon
Monday-Friday* 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Evenings (except Fridays) * 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
*Parties may not be scheduled during swim meets, swim team practices, holidays or during the pre-season and post-season weekend hours. Pool staff may limit or not allow parties on certain dates at their discretion. Evening parties must be completely over (everyone out of the pool area and bathhouse) by pool closing time.
All parties are limited to two hours. In the event a special exception is required, a written request stating why must be given to the Pool Manager at least 30 days prior to the event. The Board retains approval authority all parties, including the authority to assess additional fees for any granted exceptions or abuses.
- Only one (1) function will be permitted per time interval.
- A party fee of $50 must be submitted with the party request form. Checks should be made payable to “Willows of Potomac”. Checks will be returned if the party is canceled due to inclement weather. This fee covers only your ability to hold a party at the pool, in a location designated by the guards.
- Requests and payment are to be received on the enclosed form by the pool manager at least ten (10) days prior to the event.
- Parties are limited to twenty (20) guests. Guest passes are required for each guest, unless a guest is a Willow’s resident with a valid 2018 pool registration. Willows residents, however, must be included in your guest count. Please note that even though Willows residents can come to the pool anytime, a party creates a lot of people at the same time. The pool is staffed based on averages. Party counts must include invited Willows residents.
- For every six children under twelve years of age, there must be a supervising adult.
- Pool parties do not include the use of the clubhouse, and pool/clubhouse combination parties are not allowed.
- Members must be current with homeowner’s assessments.
- No alcohol is allowed!
- No glass containers are allowed!
- All trash/recyclables generated by the party must be disposed of in trash and recycle bins located in the enclosure in the pool parking lot. No trash from the event should be deposited in pool trash cans.
- All pool rules and regulations must be observed.
- Member on party request form must always be present during the event.
Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in additional fees and/or pool privileges being suspended.
Parties taking place without advance notice, submission of a pool party request form, and/or the party fee will be subject to the fee and may result in additional fees and/or pool privilege suspension. If it looks like a party . . . it is a party – guard’s discretion.
The safety of the pool and its patrons is our highest priority and we greatly appreciate your cooperation with these rules