Willows of Potomac trash and recycling collection is as follows:
- Is provided by our private contractor, J&J, Inc., and is picked up every Monday and Thursday unless the scheduled pick-up day falls on a holiday. In that case, we skip the pick-up until the next scheduled pick-up day.
- Do not place trash or recycling out before 7:00 PM on the evening before collection.
- Please have trash out by 7:00 AM on trash collection days.
- Do not place loose trash out for collection. All trash must be contained in rigid trash containers with lids. If you must use bags, please use heavy black bags that are securely tied closed.
- Do not use the clubhouse trash containers or other common area containers for the disposal of your trash.
- Bulk Trash: Picked up at no additional charge upon special request. Residents must contact J&J (see below) and provide their name & address, the name of the community, and a list of the items that they want to be picked up. There may be limitations on quantities – if they’re asking J&J to pick up a whole lot of stuff, J&J may do it over a week or two rather than all at once. J&J will not pick up liquid or dry chemicals, flammable materials, tires, auto parts, hazardous materials, or any items Montgomery County considers recyclable. Construction debris will be picked up only under special arrangements, with a fee payable by the resident.
- To contact J&J:
- Provided by Montgomery County and is picked up every Monday. However, the county-provided collection does not take place on federal holidays. In that case, collection shifts to the next business day. For more information or to sign up for reminders, please go to MOCO Solid Waste Services Schedule.
- Do not place recycling out before 7:00 PM on the evening before collection.
- Do not place loose recycling out for collection. All recycling should be in the county-provided blue containers.
- Do not use the clubhouse recycling containers or other common area containers for the disposal of your recycling.